Fonts in M$ Outlook

I always have a heck of a time getting M$ to do what I want.   I guess because I am not a "defaults" kind of person.  Black text on a white background is gross.   Anyway Word has always had a wordperfect setting where I can get white text on a blue background.  Not as nice as a black background, but better than white.
Unfortunately, many people send HTML emails and when replying I have to edit in HTML mode to preserve any kind of useful chain.  Up until today I've had a problem that eluded me.  Many times my initial typing would all be hidden because (I assume) the text color matched the background color.  Now this only happened with HTML replies.  I had to highlight my text, and click the Text Color (Auto) button to correct.
The solution was not straightforward to me, but I found it today: (in Outlook) Tools->Options->Mail Format->Fonts
These fonts are used and override (or interfere) with the blue background/ white text global option. Also, changed the "Use the font specified in stationary (if specified)" to "Use my fonts when replying and forwarding messages".
Apparently at some point my reply and forwarding font got set to blue, which explains why I didn't see it by default on replies.  I changed the color to Auto, and voila it is all good now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xubuntu Home Server on Dell XPS 13 9370

Cygwin + syslog-ng

Installing Fedora 21 on a (late 2014) Mac Mini