Fresh take on learning Unreal Engine with Linux

I took a stab at learning UE4 a few years ago but ran out of time.
This is my next take on it.
I enrolled in  https://www.udemy.com/share/101WeuAkMbdl9WQX4=/  for some help getting started.  I have restarted the course and started at the beginning.
I have access to a Clion license through work, so I am using that for my preferred editor.



sudo apt-get install --install-suggests --install-recommends mono-devel
sudo mkdir -p -m 0755 /opt/clion/bin
sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/clion.sh /opt/clion/bin/clion.sh
sudo find /opt/clion -type d -exec chmod 0755 {} \;

# initial setup
    /bin/rm -rf  /scratch/mkrivacek/UnrealEngine
    cd /scratch/mkrivacek
    time git clone --single-branch --branch 4.24 https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine.git
        # my_user_name
        # github access token
    cd UnrealEngine && time ./Setup.sh ; time ./GenerateProjectFiles.sh ; time make
        ## accept Register Unreal file types when asked
    ./Engine/Binaries/Linux/UE4Editor -opengl4



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xubuntu Home Server on Dell XPS 13 9370

Cygwin + syslog-ng

Installing Fedora 21 on a (late 2014) Mac Mini