funionfs on Fedora 21 with Steam games under Codeweavers Crossover

I have multiple steam accounts, each has full rights to the Borderlands games.  The problem with this setup is that each steam account has a full, multi-gigabyte common directory.  Using a single directory doesn't work as each Steam account makes some minor modifications to the downloaded files -- I'm assuming but don't know -- that this is related to copy protection.
In any case, I am exploring using funionfs to allow I big directory and several small directories for the installed games.
I name my steam bottles Steam021, Steam022, etc.

Steam021 has the unadulterated full game installation.
Under Steam022, I moved common to common.before.  Then I created common and commonrw.
Finally  I mounted the funionfs directory under Steam022 like so
sudo funionfs -o uid=1000 -o gid=1000 -o allow_other -o dirs=\"/home/gamer/.cxoffice/Steam021/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common"=RO:\"/home/gamer/.cxoffice/Steam022/drive_c/Program\ Files/Steam/steamapps/commonrw"=RW\ NONE "/home/gamer/.cxoffice/Steam022/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common"

Next I ran a Steam Verify Integrity command to see if the Steam client in Steam022 liked the fuse common/

I am hoping, but don't know that maybe I'll get some HD access  caching too since the underlying Linux  disk reads will now be for the






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xubuntu Home Server on Dell XPS 13 9370

Cygwin + syslog-ng

Installing Fedora 21 on a (late 2014) Mac Mini